Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The After-Party.

After the first dinner party at a Chinese restaurant, all the teachers headed to a local bar where we had our own karaoke room. The teacher on the right, Takada-sensei, is usually a by-the-book sort of guy, occassionally revealing a smile at school, but generally just doing his job with even precision. But get some alcohol in him and he is a crazy dancing fool, a Las Vegas showman through and through. He sang (and pranced, and shaked his hips, and skipped around the room) to a Japanese version of Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" and found enough energy for an encore of "Mexican Samba." As for me, I ripped it up with Michael Jackson's "Thriller." Sometimes I feel like my life here is not real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home