Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Friday, September 09, 2005

Sports Day Practice.

In a few weeks, all Kobe junior highs hold "Sports Day," which is a full day of games and athletic performances; the entire school participates and, since it lands purposely on a holiday, many of the parents come to watch. Right now the students are practicing everyday, and here is a sampling of what the 2nd and 3rd year (8th and 9th grade) boys are preparing! It is difficult to explain the precision required to organize these 150+ students, but I think the photos convey how awesome it is to watch them move from one formation to the next.

Many of the junior highs do pyramid-type acrobatics, but Motoyama Junior High is cool because we use these large bamboo poles to add an extra little flair.

This is a still photograph, but hopefully you can imagine the boys holding the poles horizontal to the ground and then lifting one of their friends into the air! I've been tempted to ask if I can be one of those flying boys, but I fear I would either break the poles or break the students. Good times!

I think this is probably the most impressive feat I saw all day. Once everyone is in the right position, the boys holding the poles stand up, then the four boys in the middle of the "X" stand up, then the boy on top of those boys stands up, and then the four boys at the end of each pole stand up. ...and then they go back down again. Hardcore, no joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home