
Yesterday was the last school day at Motoyama Junior High. I'll start teaching at a new junior high school in a couple weeks, which should be an interesting change.

All the 8th graders wrote me the sweetest letters for my final day, and many of them contained amazing drawings of me. In this picture I'm giving a thumbs-up and saying "chee-cheekee-chee!" I don't think it actually means anything, but it's some sort of schtick that a famous Japanese comedian has. I think it's sort of like when the movie "Ace Ventura" came out and everyone started saying, "Alllllllllllrighty then!!" Somehow I've started to find it hilarious, so now I do it all the time.

Another cute drawing. Notice what all the drawings have in common: an untamely Jew-fro and big red circle cheeks.

And here I am doing an interview test with one of the students. This didn't actually happen, but I suppose it's what happened in her mind. I'm very kind!

I had two of my teachers over for lunch to celebrate the end of the year. Here they are with the gorgeous dessert. My teacher bought it because it's called "Hanayama," the same name as the place where I live. Awww!
1 Comments:
Elliot,
Great pictures and captions all around. Congratulations on finishing a school year and enjoy the break before the onset of year 2. Spoke to your dad right after your video call with him this morning.
All the best,
Andy Simon
5:33 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home