Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Monday, March 13, 2006

Island Retreat.

The 8th grade teachers took an overnight trip to celebrate the end of the school year. We went to this small island a few hours west of here, in Okayama (I know that means so much to you all). Everyone except a couple teachers made it (pictured here) and it was a really nice way to enjoy each other outside of the busy office. We made pottery, went shopping, talked, ate, drank, relaxed in outdoor baths, and so on.

The view from our hotel.

The ferry that took us to the island.



This area of Japan is known for its seafood, so we ate a million different kinds of sea creatures: octopus, eel, cooked and raw fish, crab, shrimp, other shrimp-like things, snails, squid, oysters, and who knows what. I also ate a living something-or-other. It was slowly moving on a plate in front of me, so I ripped its head off and put it in my mouth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You animal, you.

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

"It was slowly moving on a plate in front of me, so I ripped its head off and put it in my mouth." Boy, if I had a nickle for everytime I've heard that sentence...

3:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home