Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Monday, August 01, 2005

Karaoke.

Clearly karaoke is huge in Japan, and clearly it's my home away from home. Here I am with Brindley's girlfriend, Mitsuri, who sings a wicked rendition of Sheryl Crow's, "The First Cut is the Deepest" (not to mention various songs by Coldplay and Marroon 5). It's funny which songs end up being popular here. For instance, I asked a group of teenagers who their favorite English singers were, and they answered "The Carpenters," mainly because the girls sang one of their songs in their English Club.

Brindley with the requisite tambourine. Not only does it allow everyone to participate in the song, but it gives the percussion section an extra special kick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home