Lost in Translation.
To soothe the anxiety that comes with publicly producing one's own work, I'm going to start this blog off on the right foot: with someone else's writing. Below is an email I received from a new Japanese friend, Shige, just a day after we met at a party of a fellow JET, Adam. When Adam went to the Kirin Brewery, he made friends with 4 of the female tour guides and decided to host a mixed gathering featuring the Kirin girls and their buddy, Shige, who works as a beer engineer (don't ask).
-----------------------------------------------
From: shigemaru10@hotmail.com
Subject: I'm Shige
Date: August 15, 2005 7:44:19 PM JST
To: elliotgreenberger@gmail.com
What's up?
Thank you yesterday.
The American party was very much excited at the first experience for me.
I like an American. Because character is bright and is interesting, and the reason is because it longs for way of life.
I wished that an American friend wanted it.
However, I had a wish realized. So Elliot and Adam and Hanna and Joe and...A friend of all me! !I am glad! !So happy! I thank Adam and Ryoko.
By the way
Elliot dances?
OK!Leave it to me.
First of all, next Thursday, let's dance together in Sannomiya!
We go to sports gym called "Konami sports" next Thursday.
There are various programs in a studio over there. As well as HIPHOP, there are a lot of kinds for JAZZ and yoga and aerobics elsewhere.
A, machine and a swimming pool and a studio are all day free to use it if they buy a ticket on 1st of a gym.
Because a foreigner comes well, don't worry.
The lesson that we want to take is 7:00.
But even what time can meet you because I am a holiday.
As for my work, holidays are scattered for a shift system. "Thursday" is not a holiday every week.
What kind of plan is your Thursday?
You may bring a friend.I am hearty welcome.
I can be interested a little.
Do you want me to talk in Japanese?
OK.too long. I was tired.But it was studied very much.
bye!!
シゲ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home