Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Friday, May 05, 2006

Ise: Jingu.

In honor of the nationwide 5-day weekend known as Golden Week, I headed a couple hours east to the historic city of Ise, which houses Jingu, one of the most sacred shrines in Japan. (If the wood doesn't look very historic that's because its reconstructed every 20 years in accordance with the Shinto principles of purity and renewal). Most Japanese make a pilgrimage here at least once in their lifetime, so I'm definitely ahead of the game.


My friend, Taka, and I arrived at the ungodly hour of 6am, so it was awesome to walk around with few visitors. Most of the people there at that time appeared to be locals who stretch and powerwalk throughout the grounds each morning.



Hanging out by the banks.

Hi from Ise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home