Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sakura.

Cherry-blossoms get a lot of hype in Japan. They're so highly anticipated during the winter that I started to think they wouldn't live up to my expectations. But this past weekend I went "Cherry-Blossom Viewing" (yes, it's an actual event here) to see what all the talk was about and, sure enough, they rocked. Unfortunately it's really hard to photograph them well without a super nice camera--which is not an excuse for my camera skills but rather for the awesomeness of the trees themselves.



Along with "Cherry-Blossom Viewing" comes "Cherry-Blossom Viewing Parties" in which the Japanese let their hair down and drink, eat, and be merry under the beautiful pink buds.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Beautiful! I also love the pictures your kiddlets drew of you. Pretty accurate, I'd say.

:-D

So, I hear you are staying another year! Good for you.

6:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home