Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Culture Day Hooray.

Culture Day brings together chorus and drama performances as well as art and academic exhibitions from all the students. Somehow I got roped into creating an exhibit on "something American," so I chose to do a little project on American music. Here is Mr. Kobayashi standing in front of my beautiful images and "Did you know...?" panels. Fierce!

And here is me looking like a fool, as usual.

Final set up on the gym, which doubles as an auditorium.

The bass band brings all the performances to an end.

Nakao-sensei being ridiculous at the Culture Day enkai. Well, after the side-splitting speech I made at the Sports Day enkai, I felt the funny-pressure bubbling in my stomach. I noticed that a male teacher and a female teacher were wearing similar pants, so I planned to go up there and say, "First of all, I want to tell you that Nakatani-sensei and Takata-sensei are wearing the same pants." However, I thought it would be a good idea to say it in Japanese. Yeah. What I didn't realize was that the word "pantsu" has another meaning in addition to "trouser pants"... So, I got up there confidently and proclaimed, "Nakatani-sensei and Takata-sensei are wearing the same lingerie." Needless to say, I think I made quite a few people fall out of their chairs this time. (Later, a teacher came up to me and said, "Elliot, you shouldn't have told. It is a big Japanese secret!...but TRUE!" )

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And how did you know about the pantsu?

Love these latest entries. The halloween illustrations are amazing.

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah you should have said, Zubon.

8:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that last post from me.

--Lindsay

8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home