Where the catwalk got its claws, all you fashion know-it-alls With your underground malls in the world of Harajuku Putting on a show, when you dress up in your clothes Wild hair color and cell phones Your accessories are dead on Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan Harajuku Girls you got the wicked style I like the way that you are, I am your biggest fan

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Party.

I started teaching English to a group of older women in October. The idea started when my calligraphy teacher--who is a big personality--told her swimming pool friends about me. Word spread through her various circles and what started as a 2-person lesson turned into a group of 8 women, from age 35 to 75, coming once a week to start learning English. They say they're studying just for fun, and so far we've had a great time. At the end of last week's lesson, I spontaneously proposed a Xmas party in lieu of this week's class, and everyone more or less agreed to a potluck. Of course, they went far beyond my expectations and brought or made a wide variety of food: wine, sparkling cider, rice balls, salad, boiled eggs, fruit, sushi, french fries, chicken McNuggets (!), jello, bean-filled pastries, cookies, cakes, etc. (These pictures are from my cell phone).

My amazing calligraphy teacher is on the left. We all started talking about what a generous, unique woman she is when she left the room, and she came back wielding a huge cake knife and a smile. Classic.

I love the McDonalds french fries hidden in this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home